Saturday, May 29, 2010

Neeeeeeew Yooooooork – Wait a minute…….

That’s not where I was supposed to go….. Germany was the final destination. Make that a capital WAS. Let’s go back. Thursday, May 27th, 5am. My alarm rings because I have a client’s ass to kick at the gym before I go on my 10.20am flight from DFW to JFK. 6am, I am training my client, finishing up my payroll and heading home. Shower time. 8.15am, we are on the way to the airport. I am calling the family to say see you later and so on. 8.50amish.We are getting to the airport. There is an idiot who is keeping the entire line waiting. He talks to the Delta attendant for another serious 45 minutes during which I have to wait. I am already thinking I am going to miss my flight to JFK. Ok, my turn. My flight is delayed to 11.07am, so we are good. I check in and tell Aaron bye bye and go to my gate after getting the obligatory airport coffee. I am on the blue list, which means I need to be cleared, because I was on stand-by. 12pm, still waiting on the f***ing plane. I am the last one to be cleared because some people already left. I was number 13. Phew. Another hour of waiting on the plane, because it needed to be “balanced”, which we all know was another bullsh*t excuse for what they were really doing. My flight to FRA from JFK is supposed to leave at 5pm local time. We touch down in JFK at 5.05pm. Another flight attendant and I are running to the new gate. Her husband is actually the captain of the plane and he said to run. Out of breath at 5.25pmish we make it to the gate to see the doors closed. Plane just left, they did everything they could. Alright, of course Aaron had plan B ready. Booked me a room at the Sheraton in NYC and one of his aunt’s friends picked me up. BUT…. Wait a minute. What about my suitcase? I go to DELTA baggage claim to find out if I can get it. Nope, because it never made it to JFK. Since I was on stand-by, and the last one to get on the plane my suitcase was sent to Detroit and from there to FRA. My suitcase made it to FRA on Friday at 9.30am. I just made it about two hours ago now, on Saturday May 29th, because I had to wait for 24 hours to hop on another flight from JFK to FRA. Oh sh*t, may be what some are thinking and I thought the same. Being stranded in NEW YORK CITY though for 24 hours is not really the worst thing in the world. The Sheraton hotel I stayed at is located on 53rd and 7th street in New York. So, like someone taught me very well, I made the best of the situation, but first I had to deal with booking agents who told me bullsh*t stories for about an hour or so. Orbitz told me I could change my flight from FRA to HAJ through Lufthansa after having been on the line with them for about 30 minutes. I call Lufthansa and that agent was really upset with the information that Orbitz had given me. He told me it was illegal for him to change my ticket, so I called Orbitz back. Another agent told me it would cost me $400 to change the flight so I said no. Plan A was getting to Frankfurt, acting like nothing happened and just going to Lufthansa and changing the flight. Plan B was the train. Plan C was my dad picking me up. Plan A worked. Yeay. I had to pay €50, but that’s ok. Back to Friday. I really did not sleep well at the hotel, so I got up around 8amish, talked to my parents who were obviously upset and assured them that everything was not as bad as it may seem. Took a shower after that and had some delicious breakfast right across the street from the hotel. (See pic.) After that I went on the hunt to find H&M, which I did. I was a little bit disappointed about the colors, but it is all good. I got some awesome steals and a shirt for my Jassele from NY. My ride was supposed to come get me at 2.30pm, but I decided to take the train to the airport, so I would not miss the flight again. In New York though everything was crazy. The streets are so crowded, and the chances are higher to catch someone that does not live there when you stop someone for a question than getting someone who does live there. Does that sentence make any sense at all? I am sorry. It is 10.25am FRA time and I did not get too much sleep. My flight is not leaving for another two-ish hours, so I figured I can pre-write. Well, at JFK I checked in, all by myself, since I did not have my suitcase and found my gate. Got the obligatory pre-flight coffee again and waited to be cleared. I ended up in business class, because someone knows how to make me happy. Seats were awesome. Very declineable, hehe he. I overslept dindin, but watched a movie after that. And one of the flight attendants woke me up for breakfast. Over all, so far everything worked out. My suitcase was ready and waiting for me in FRA and I am sitting at the gate. I will be in HAJ at 2pmish and then Sandy and Nicole’s house-warming party tonight. My German cell phone does not work, so ladies I am sorry. But please call the house for more information. More to follow soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like Mr. Blue Ball is a little pushy... Actually, shouldn't there be two hands on a proper Mr. Blue Ball?