Thursday, January 28, 2010

Expect the unexpected

This week I had a two-day orientation for my job at Baylor Tom Landry Fitness Center because they brought me on as an employee. I really did not like the idea at first having to go to Irving for two days and spend pretty much all day there to get educated about safety and hygiene guidelines. Turns out though it was totally fun! The only thing that was not fun was me having to go to my regular job till 9pm after the 8am till 5pm orientation on Monday and Tuesday. They let us leave early on both days though, so we beat the traffic and I actually had a chance to get some rest at home. So, now I am an official Baylor Employee with all the responsibilities that come with it. I like it! We got I.D. batches for identification, I met a ton of new nice people, they fed us plenty of awesome food (breakfast, lunch and snacks), we got tons of goodies and had a lot of fun together! Aaron’s grandma went back to Africa on Monday and she said she might be back in September. It was kind of sad to say bye to her on Sunday night, but I am sure she will be back soon. My one-year-anniversary of being a U.S. resident is coming up in about two weeks and I cannot believe that I have lived here for almost an entire year already. It passed pretty fast. It also falls on Valentine’s Day, but I don’t anticipate any kind of celebration. To me it is very special personally, because I had worked so hard to be able to live here legally with all the highs and lows, but it might not be special to anybody else. Maybe I will treat myself to some shopping or just spend the day at home with the doggy. I do not know yet, but I have two weeks to make plans! So we will see!

No comments: