Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dear 2010.....


….. it is official! The year 2010 is here. Ya ya, I know, I am a little late, but it is only the 3rd of January. I hope everyone survived the change of the years safely, I know Marcus and I did. I had to work till 6pm on New Year’s Eve and then went home to get ready. We kind of dressed up but not really. Aaron was still in Milwaukee, WI, but we called him at 12am/midnight. After I was ready to go Marcus and I went to pick up a couple of his friends and visited their mother in the hospital. She had surgery done on Monday and they had not gone to see her yet, so we went. One of Marcus’ friends was pretty drunk already as we picked him up and was, well let’s just say he was behaving a little inappropriate. His sister, who was the other friend we had picked up, had never seen him drunk and got more upset as the evening proceeded. Oh well, we went to a friend’s house, where there was supposed to be a “black-and-white-party”. There were people and alcohol, but no party so we decided to go downtown. After a spilled drink and a misbehaving friend later we decided around 11.15pm to drop Marcus’ friends back off at home and so it was that we were on the tollway at midnight and rang the year in with a classy breakfast from __________. On New Year’s Day Marcus and I cooked – tilapia, cheese potatoes, broccoli and croissants. Before that though I figured I could go downstairs and shop around a little bit. Ha, I did not feel any of the three dresses I tried on and after I did not even find anything at the sporting goods store I gave up and went home for some coffee. Nothing in any of the stores appealed to me, but then again it is not like I need anything. I have dresses in my closet that I have not worn yet and during the week I only wear gym clothes. I would need some new workout-shoes, but I did not find any that I liked. Oh well, saved myself some $$$ there, didn’t I? Yesterday Aaron came back home and he even went to “H & M” for me. And the best thing…. It fits! He did a great job! We spent a nice evening at home with movies and brought in the new year a little later. I am a little unsure of what this year has in store for me, but I will see. Last year was all about the big move from Germany to Texas and I want to focus a little more on my career this year, since everything else is settled for that. Jasmin, squeeze those cheeks together and practice patience. I know I am someone to say that, but patience always pays off in the long run. I miss you tons!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Romina! I have to admit I have lost the party invitation you sent to me. Maybe you can resend one? Actually, I cannot even remember I have held one in my hands...
However, enjoy your special day.

All the best wished!

B