Friday, August 14, 2009

Wow - Six months passed really fast!!!!


Today is my six-months-anniversary of being a legal U.S.-resident, yeay!!!! These last six months have had their ups and downs, but I am really happy I was brave enough to take that big leap, really, it is not a step, it was a huge leap across the ocean. Aaron has supported me with all my decisions and everything else I needed support with! :D I miss my family in Germany every now and then, but then I have my support team here as well. I am starting to really like my job now and it gets better each day. My classes are going great as well. I got a couple of compliments this week, so that always helps. I am really ready for the weekend, but let's see what else happened this past week.
Aaron went to Costa Rica for the first time for his job last Wednesday and came back on Sunday. He was stuck in Atlanta for ever and finally made it back to DFW a little before 11pm on that Sunday. His grandma came in town on the day he left and I went to see her on Sunday.
The Thursday before "FreshBerry" opened its doors and gave away free frozen yogurt cups all day but every time I passed it the line was way too long, so I went there on Friday and simply paid for my cup after I had worked out with one of my co-workers and cleaned the house for two and a half hours. This week, I have been working a little less than last week, but that is ok, because training is picking up and I just have not been doing a lot of orientations with the members.
Cody got her hair done on Sunday and she looks super-adorable. Her bows are still in as well, so I am proud of her of not messing with them anymore. :-D

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Romina, congrats. It has been a big step so far and will be (maybe all life long. But I think that has been your intention). I'm quite sure you will handle all challanges and even manage global distances as well as before. By the way, take care! (or I will get really mad. You already crushed Miss Mouse, tolerance limit exceeded :) )...

RD said...

Dear Mister Bastian - I never crushed Miss Mouse, she did not want to work for me anymore, so I had to let her go ;-(...