Thursday, March 12, 2009

How to survive 11 days without internet and cable?? I do not know how I did it, but I did it!



Finally, we are back online. Woo hoo!! Yesterday the guy from at&t came by and set up the internet in Aaron's and mine apartment. This morning he had to come by again to set up the cable, so we can finally catch up with the world. I am happy now! Now we are all set.
So since I have been waiting for my social security card for over three weeks I decided to call the USCIS on Tuesday. At the consulate I was told it takes three weeks at the most and that I was supposed to call if I do not receive it by then. So I tried to call the number I was given at the consulate and that took forever. I was really pissed because the machine voice asks for a social security number even when you say you are calling for a new number for an adult or a child. So, if you do not type it in the phone you basically get disconnected, but you cannot give one as a reference if you do not have one yet, can you?!? Oh well, I figured it out somehow and they told me it takes up to eight weeks, so I was pissed. Last week I received a welcome notice from the USCIS with a tracking number, so I thought I call them to find out about some status. That woman did not even understand what I wanted to know. I told her that I immigrated on February 14th and she asked when I applied for the visa. I was like, are you kidding me??? I explained to her that I had already received my welcome notice and all that and that I was wondering about the status of all my stuff. Then she got it as I told her I got a tracking number and asked if she could check the status. Then within three seconds she told me that it has not been processed. And for all that I spent like 30 minutes on the phone....
So, now I am still waiting on my SSN, so I can finally get a job, a bank account, my license and all that other American stuff....

No comments: