Sunday, March 28, 2010

Say "BAHAMAS"


Aaron got back to Dallas on Tuesday afternoon, but I did not get to see him till later on that night, because around the time he got to the apartment I had to be back at work already. L He went by Tut’s house after his flag football game and brought home not only himself, but some peanut-butter-soup as well, so that was awesome! He had decided to stay in Vegas till Tuesday because his flight to ATL would have been delayed again and he would not really have been able to enjoy his stay there. Wednesday was a normal day. I taught my class at night and then went home. Since Aaron is super-awesome he brought home the second “Twilight”-movie but we were not able to watch the whole thing because we were both tired and still had to pack, so we finished it on Saturday. Thursday morning our flight was at 5.50am, but we got to the airport a little late. 20 minutes late. If we had not wanted to check one suitcase we would have been okay, but with checking luggage you have to be there 40 minutes before the plane leaves. I still had no clue where we were going. So, we got on another flight, an hour later to Atlanta. While we were waiting Aaron told we were going to Nassau. Geographically challenged as I call myself I was like “I have no idea where that is”, and Aaron responded “Bahamas”. I was so excited. I thought he was going to take me to Mexico or Costa Rica, since he has been there before, but the Bahamas?? I texted Jasmin to let her know and she was excited too. (See, mentioned you J) So, we flew through ATL to Nassau, a quick ride in a taxi to the Sheraton on Cable Beach and we went to the beach to have some lunch. The food at the “Dolphin Grill” was not the best, but the view was awesome. After that we had to take a nap and went the so-called “fish-fry” later that night for dindin. After dinner we went back to the hotel, because I wanted to take a walk on the beach. We got something to drink at the bar and some cheese cake to eat in our room later. After the beach-walk we hung out at the bar for a little bit and Aaron got some Bahamian currency. We slept till after 11am the next morning, so we missed breakfast, but we got something to eat at the Caribe CafĂ© to have breakfast at the beach! I got burned big time at the beach and my legs are still hurting. We were there for like two hours, but the sun was more intense I guess. Aaron and I both took a nap and ordered room-service that evening, which was nice and relaxing. We kept on napping, but did not really go to sleep. Our flight was at 7.30am the next morning, so we had to leave the hotel at 5.30am. Check-in at the small airport was fine, but my legs were killing me. Even though we were not gone for too long I really enjoyed getting away and experiencing a nice change of scenery. Tomorrow it is back to work and Aaron is leaving to Africa this week as well. April is right around the corner and Easter Sunday is in a week. Jasmin is getting her internet back on tomorrow, so I am excited to talk to her (that’s two).


No comments: