Sunday, July 5, 2009

I survived the first week at my new full-time job!

Yeay! I made it! I am not thrilled, but I made it! I started my full-time job this past Monday and let's just say I am glad I made it through the week without freaking out. Every Monday there is a trainer meeting at 2pm and I was told to come to the meeting and then we would go from there. Thank godness I was early. There were no signs of organization. No employee number had been set up for me, no schedule (no, not even for THAT day) and I do not think my direct boss knew I was even coming. So, 2pm on the dot, let's all sit down at the big table. They just started and I had no clue in the world what was going on. "Oh yea, this is Romina, she is a new trainer and is going to start here today." That was at the end of the meeting. Oh yea, did I feel weird....... OK anyway, so we start the afternoon by looking in the plan what I could do..... Follow.... I was "sent" home three hours later because apparently there was nothing more for me to do and my boss had shown me everything there is to know. Oh well, made it to bootcamp that night, so that made me happy. Next morning I am there at 8am, had a couple of hours off during lunch time and went back at 3pm till 6pm. So, not so bad. Basically, the whole week I felt lost and out of control, and I like being IN control. Sometimes I was there and my boss was not, so I figured it out by myself. Which is exactly how it is going to be. It is more like I work for myself but for the gym. Which is nice, because once I have enough clients I can come and go as I please, as long as I do what I am supposed to do, like meet my quota and work with my clients in a safe and sufficient way. Tomorrow, on Monday I have my first real client. My boss got her for me. She is a senior citizen and has something going on with her hip, but I am confident! My boss asked me if I was comfortable with her, after I met her, and of course I am. I do not mind older people, they still have to work out in a safe way! And then later on I have my first orientation client, to whom I am supposed to sell training with me of course. So we will see.

This coming week I am teaching four Zumba® Fitness classes and last week I taught three. Two of my own and I had to emergency-sub, which was fine because I was at the gym anyway. So, this week, since I started teaching at Baylor Tom Landry Fitness Center on Monday mornings and Wednesday nights, I am teaching four classes. My classes and then I have to sub on Friday, yeay!!!

So, slowly but surely I am getting there. These next couple of months I am gonna have to work a ton, but then it should be fine.
I got to celebrate my first 4th of July in the States this week, and Aaron and I went to see some fireworks!
I miss my Jassel though and I do not want her to be sad anymore! That is an order, girl! Cody and I miss you tons!!!!

No comments: