Monday, February 28, 2011

Turn the page and close this book....

Today is the last day of February and my last day as a personal trainer at Gold's Gym at Whiterock Lake. I turned in my notice two weeks ago after making the well thought-through decision to no longer work there. It has been a great 20 months but it is time for me to move on and go on to something else. I have collected a lot of experiences and learned a lot about the industry and everything that came with it, but it is time now to close this chapter of my life and start a new one. I will teach till the end of March and then stop doing that also. The hardest thing really was telling my clients, where a lot of them have become more than just clients, but friends. I spent New Year's with Chelsey, Cortney is about to have a baby in about two months and Barry has come such a long way, I feel like I am part of the Martin-family ;-). And then there is Enid, who is from South Africa, so it was a multicultural training session with more than just my German accent, but with her African accent as well, hehe he. And so many others as well. My co-workers have become more than that as well and it will be a real adjustment not to see them almost every day anymore either. I know that it will take some time to transition but in the end it will have been the right decision, even if hard, and everyone will be happy. And since I am staying in Dallas, it is not like I am out of the world. Just not at Gold's anymore.
Anyway, I made cake-balls this weekend and let me tell you...... it looked like I had killed someone. I had red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting, so my hands were bright red. And since my hands got warmer and warmer as I rolled the cake-balls, the consistency of the dough was not as good as I wanted it to be.... Needless to say they were not all pretty, but some were, but super-delicious!!


1 comment: