Sunday, December 19, 2010

Christmas will be over in one week - OR - Let's just call this a memorable night....

Today is December 19th 2010 and I have no idea where this year went. But it will be over in twelve days. Let's see what this year brought. I took an entire ELEVEN days off work, during which Aaron took me to the Bahamas to make up for his absence on New Year's last year, I went to Germany/Turkey, and got stuck in NYC on my way there and I took my sister to NYC this past weekend. Oh, and I took my birthday off because I believe nobody should have to go to work on their birthday. So I decided to take an entire two full weeks off next year and go to Germany - maybe stress free for a change. This year also brought a lot of sad things. Aaron lost a lot of friends who will always be remembered and taken home way too early but I believe there was a different plan for them and their job here was done. There was a lot of babies born, just to name two - Malik and Zachary. Malik is my soon-to-be-aunt's little one, who is adorable and Zachary is one my close friend's baby and he is a little bundle of joy as well. It was both mom's first-borns and they have had to make some big adjustments. But it is all worth it.
Yesterday we had our Company's Christmas Party and I was the designated driver. Well, I really volunteered, since I do not drink. I suggested Dillon and his girlfriend could ride with us, so we did not have to all go, plus that meant they could drink as well. So that's what we did. Party was supposed to start at 7pm, so they came over at 6.30pm. Introduced them to the doggies and we left. Well, there was an accident on 635 so it took us about an hour and 20 minutes to get onto 635 and my car started smoking. Great. Perfect day for that. I started freaking out. Awesome. Turned on the heat to take some heat off the engine and it stopped smoking. We still decided to pull over to the next gas station to check the water. The gas station we thought was coming up was closed down so we pulled over to the walgreens next to it. Dillon called his uncle to make sure what was wrong really was wrong and we got some liquid to put in the EMPTY tank. Cool. Car was fine after that and I was not freaking out anymore either. We finally got to the Christmas party at 8.45pm, hmph. Just a reminder. We left the house a little after 6.30pm and it was in Addison at "300". We say hi to everyone and grabbed some food, which was really good. Then we started bowling, that was fun. I actually won a $50 gift card, yeay. I guess overall it was a memorable night.....

No comments: