Sunday, February 15, 2009

OMG! 4 suitcaes!! - or - You will have to learn that you cannot pack your whole life in one trip!

Here we go. I started packing on Thursday and thought I would be fine... HAHA!!! So, you are allowed to take two (!) suitcases of each 23 kg (50lb) with you. My other half brought me another one, so I would have three. So I figured I should be fine! LOL!!!
I packed everything, then put the suitcases on the scale.... They were ALL about eight pounds too heavy.... WOW. I decided I would have to get rid of some things and just leave them at my parents' house for now. STILL NOT ENOUGH, STILL TOO HEAVY.
Friday I had to work and then had lunch with my sibs and my other half. I had to say "see you later" to my sister that day, too, because she was not able to come to the airport with us on Saturday because of her rehabilitation certificate she has to get. It was very sad to hug her and say "see ya later". I sent her a text a little later to cheer her up but I think it just made it worse. I really miss you, girl! I love you more than a fat kid loves chocolate! You will find a ticket to come see me sooner than you will expect it, promise!!!!!
So, that was more or less the hardest part.
As we got back to my parents' house I went back to organizing my stuff to make it fit. I got so mad that I yelled at my mom for no reason and at 9pm I sent my future sister-in-law a text asking if she had another suitcase for me she did not need. So, we went to pick it out and then everything was fine. Overall, my other half and I had five suitcases, whereas he had only like half of one. lol.

No comments: