Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The phone call

So, today I got so fed up with waiting for the mail man to bring my passport and the package for the activation flight that I called the consulate. They actually do not tell you anything but that the passport will be send to you if you say you have been wondering where it might be. BUT, they gave me a number that is available to those who have pending visas out there. It is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays only between 2pm and 4pm. I had to try for an hour to get through. After 30 minutes my call went through, but I guess the guy was talking to someone else as well, because he told me to hold on and then actually hung up on me. Oh well, try again.
As I finally got to talk to a human being I gave him my last name as well as my case number and he told me that my visa was issued and the passport was sent out on Friday, the 9th of January. I was like, so it is in the passport??? Yes!!!
It should be here any day now, the latest by the end of the week, he said. We will see. But I am super excited. I already called everyone and got a couple of things organized and out of the way. I cannot wait.
The one and only will come to pick me up, so we can fly home together. We will book a flight for mid-February, which is great so I can start looking for a job soon!

No comments: